Mother, Is That You?
A downloadable game for Windows
Within the walls of Rutledge Sanctuary festers a living darkness, harboring a hunger that cannot be satisfied. Inside the stone walls and peculiar floor designs walk the shadows of former patients, doctors, and mere passersby. Strange creatures and deformed beasts lurk; where have they come from? What has happened here is unclear. Ghosts and specters haunt the corridors, combining and growing in the saturation of the supernatural.
Yet it is within this place that Daughter confronts her nightmares to seek her Mother, her life's only warmth and comfort. But at what cost?
This is a demo. (0.7)
The controls are simple:
- [Arrow Keys] - Walk/Menu navigation.
- [Shift+Arrow Keys] - Walk slowly. Useful for inching around furniture.
- [Hold Space] - Hide. Daughter puts out her lantern, but cannot move. Also functions as a crouch, to avoid certain enemy projectiles.
- [Shift] - Exit document examination (When viewing a document).
- Candles, switches, and keys act as checkpoints. Touch them to interact.
- Documents can be viewed by touching the desk.
- [F9] - Take a screenshot. It is saved within the same folder as MITY.
- [Enter] - Confirm menu selection.
- [Esc] - Exit to main menu.
- [R] - At death, restart your current floor, if your last checkpoint is...unforgiving. This will overwrite your save.
- [L] - At main menu, load from your last checkpoint.
Some monsters react to light, and some react to sound. Causing too much noise on a floor will anger a demonic monstrosity. Every floor presents a new type of creature or challenge to deal with. Not every noise caused will anger the guardian, but some guardians are more easily agitated...
This Demo has 10 floors...can you make it through them all?
Feedback and suggestions welcome in the board below. Bugs and glitches reported is much appreciated. You can also find me on Discord at Miracle Blade Chan #8577.
This game will automatically fullscreen. If recording, "Monitor Capture" is optimal.
As of Ver. 0.7 the game will create save files in the game folder. If you delete these you...well...you lose your save. Basically.